Whether maintaining a commercial parking lot or a municipal road, preserving asphalt surfaces is vital to managing commercial properties. When revitalizing worn-out asphalt, there are two primary options: sealcoating and repaving.
Sealcoating is a protective layer applied to the surface of asphalt to shield it from the damaging effects of sunlight, water, chemicals, and daily wear and tear. Additionally, sealcoating in El Paso leaves a beautiful finish on your surface, keeping it looking brand new for years to come. This cost-effective solution is known for enhancing the curb appeal of surfaces while extending their lifespan.
Benefits of Sealcoating
- Prevention of Oxidation: Asphalt is susceptible to oxidation, leading to a brittle and deteriorating surface. Sealcoating creates a layer of protection that prevents oxygen and UV rays from penetrating the asphalt, thus slowing down the oxidation process.
- Waterproofing: Sealcoating is crucial in preventing cracks and potholes caused by the expansion and contraction of water within the asphalt during freeze-thaw cycles.
- Enhanced Curb Appeal: An immediate benefit of El Paso sealcoating is the fresh, dark surface it leaves behind.
- Cost-Effective Maintenance: Sealcoating is a budget-friendly option compared to repaving, especially when you invest in regular El Paso sealcoating services.
Repaving is removing old pavement and replacing it with new asphalt. This process is typically recommended when the existing asphalt is severely damaged with extensive cracks, potholes, and structural issues. While repaving leaves your roads looking brand new, it comes with a higher price tag and may cause temporary disruption to your business.
Benefits of Repaving
- Complete Surface Renewal: Repaving addresses surface-level issues and any underlying problems that may have contributed to the asphalt’s deterioration.
- Resolves Structural Damage: When asphalt experiences significant damage like deep-rooted cracks or large potholes, repaving can safely remove the damaged layers while ensuring a stable foundation for new asphalt.
- Improved Load-Bearing Capacity: Asphalt loses its load-bearing capacity over time because of regular wear and tear. Repaving enhances the pavement’s strength and load-bearing capacity, which is vital for parking lots and roads dealing with heavy traffic.
- Enhanced Safety: Repaving eliminates hazards associated with deteriorated asphalt, such as uneven surfaces, potholes, and cracks. A smooth pavement reduces the risk of accidents and injuries.
El Paso’s Top Sealcoating and Paving Company
If you need sealcoating or asphalt repaving, turn to the professionals at Rick’s Paving & Sealings. Call (915) 204-4378 to schedule an appointment today!